Twelve San Antonio architects worked for the past week taking measurements of three landmark homes as part of the Historical Buildings Project. The homes are the Vance House, the DesMazieres house and the French Mansard House recently owned by Dr. Kingsley. (The Kingsley house was razed in 1936, the Vance House in 1953 and the DesMazieres residence and store sometime after 1939.)
KONO-TV Channel 12 (later KSAT) begins regular programming with Eisenhower’s second inauguration.
Sixty-three years after Isadore Brenner opened the store as “Brenner’s” on Soledad Street, longtime San Antonio discount store Solo Serve (right) files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.