State and Federal Services
- Bookshare - Bookshare is an online library of accessible e-books and educational materials for people with print disabilities. Access more than 325,000 textbooks, best sellers, children's books, newspapers, magazines, and more!
- Texas Talking Book Program - The Texas Talking Book Program is a free service for anyone residing in the state. There are thousands of titles in several formats to offer accessibility to various resources. Audio recordings, large print, Braille, and more. Visit the program's website to see qualifications for subscription.
Easily accessible audio information is available through the phone.
- Reference and information. Please call to speak to a librarian 210.207.2500.
- Renew materials by phone. Please call 210.207.6121.
- Dial-a-Story. A story, a story – read me a story! For young children, there is always time for a story. Our children's librarians have a new story in English and Spanish every week; just call 210.207.4466. Dial-a-Story is sponsored by the San Antonio Express-News.
Children's Low Vision Reading Room
The Low Vision Reading Room is located on the third floor of the Central Library in the Children's Department. The reading room houses the library's collection of children's Braille books and kits with a book and audio combination. Children can use the equipment in the room to enjoy the recorded materials available at the library. Materials from the room can be mailed from the library's own Books by mail service.